Download worksheet before we meet and fill it out and you will have a leg up on the process. As you can see it is a long document but we need every piece of information asked for. There are no questions we ask for fun. It will take you a few hours to complete.
Below are some general instructions for providing information that is required by bankruptcy law. You are required to provide certain information to the court when you file bankruptcy. It is your attorneys’ obligation to make diligent inquiry of you so as to obtain information to include in your bankruptcy petition. Use these guidelines to help you fill out your worksheet.
- READ AND FILL OUT THE FORMS COMPLETELY, ACCURATELY, AND NEATLY.
- DO NOT LEAVE BLANKS. If a particular blank does not apply to you, put 'N/A" in the blank. By doing so we will know that you did not mistakenly overlook it.
- List ALL your property.
List all your debts. "All" really means all and you will be asked under oath if you listed all your debts.
- You must list debts that will not be discharged, such as student loans and child support.
- You must list debts that you intend to pay.
- You must list debts that you cosigned for someone else or that someone else cosigned for you.
- You must list debts to family members.
- Attach additional sheets if you do not have sufficient space to include all the information.
- In determining the amount you owe each creditor list the amount on your most current statement or correspondence from the creditor. In rare cases your ability to file Chapter 7 may depend on how much debt you owe. In those cases we will assist you in determining how much you owe each creditor.
- If a creditor is still communicating with you, use the address supplied by the creditor in at least 2 communications over the last 90 days. Do not use the address to which you send payments. Use the correspondence address. Keep all mailings from your creditor, so we can keep up with any changes in the creditors' addresses and prove, if necessary we used the appropriate addresses.
- List the account number, if any, for each debt.